25 August 2011

June

I had 2 1/2 weeks from the time school ended until boards. I studied so hard and throughout the week before I took over 15 practice boards. I was so wore out by the time June 13th came around. However once more I have the best husband, who was so kind and over looked the fact that the house was dirty or that dishes were not done or that heck even dinner was not made most of the time during those 2 weeks. We planned on leaving straight from taking my test and going to Monterey, CA for the rest of the week to celebrate that we made it through the past 2 years. It was either going to be the best trip of my life or the worst, due to the fact that my emotions were high. 
Heather and I met in Reno Sunday evening and spent the night in a hotel. Our test was at 8:00 am the following morning, and it was very convenient that our hotel was directly across from the testing center. We were up at 5, getting ready and packed. We grabbed some breakfast and headed over to the testing center. My heart was going about a million miles a minute. When I finally sat down to take the test, I wanted to cry my eyes out. I looked at the first question and thought " I have no idea what they are talking about." The same went for questions 2,3,4, and 5. When I made it to 6, I thought this has to be me. I said a prayer to my Father in Heaven asking for some peace and the next thing I knew the test was over and not only had I passed, I did rather well. I was beyond excited. I know that Heavenly Father knows each one of us individually. He knows how horrible of a test taker I am, and that I had prepared all I could for this exam. This is not the last time I have to face boards, as R.T.'s we now have to take them every 10 years, but I will worry about that later. 

We left Reno and headed straight to the beach. Monterey was a little bit chilly but beautiful none the less. It was so nice to spend a few days with just Sean. I could not even remember the last time we had a minute alone. We went to the Aquarium, shopped along Cannery Row, walked the beach, went to nice dinners and just relaxed together. It was amazing.
Our favorite thing to do was walk the beach every night together. Growing up on the East Coast I am used to watching the sunrise over the ocean, it was beautiful to watch it set instead. Out last night there were some guys out surfing. Of course we forgot our camera that night, but it was so fun to watch them battle the waves. We decided we were beach people. :)


This is where we went to a super fancy dinner. It does not look like it outside but the inside was amazing. We sat at a booth overlooking the ocean and enjoyed some delicious food.

Sean wanted to try this calamari and much to my surprise it was pretty yummy. He had a rare tuna steak and I just had a salad. I know boring, but I still was not feeling too good due to baby #2.
We got to watch the fish get fed at the aquarium and the lady put on a little show while she did it. It was so much fun!

Sean's favorite part were all the jelly fish.

My favorite were the sea horses, and these ones were by far the coolest. It is so interesting the things animals can do in order to protect themselves. It is wonderful to see God's creations and everything he has blessed us with. 
On our way home from Monterey we stopped in Battle Mountain, NV for a baby blessing. Our friends that used to live in Elko were blessing baby #3, Xylie. It was a lovely blessing and we had a big bbq afterwards. I am thankful for Dakota and Kassaundra and their wonderful family. Gavin loved playing with Hazel, Jaiten and all their cousins. It is so nice to have a set of LDS friends that we can share these experiences with. 
June ended with us coming home and cleaning, doing neglected laundry and getting ready for all our excitement in JULY!

No comments:

Post a Comment