We were crazy busy all of July. Gavin is getting so big and it is hard to believe he is already 2 years old. He is great at helping whenever I ask, and although he has his moments is usually a very happy little man. As we were starting to pack for the month long trip of being away from home, I asked him to get dressed. I looked around for him after a few minutes and found him like this trying to get his shoes.
There are only a few pairs of shoes he can put on alone, but he was so proud of himself for getting dressed, I just had to post these. He was a little model and kept smiling while saying "cheese," for the camera.
Our first trip was to Manti, UT for Sean's cousin's endowment session at the Manti Temple. It was beautiful and quite the experience. I love Temples and especially that one. It always helps me to remember that families can be together forever and the opportunities I have been given because I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Because it is summer, the Temple is especially beautiful with all of the flowers and trees. I love going to the Temple and am thankful for Kendall and all that he has done for us. He is such an amazing young man and is going to do amazing things for the Lord and himself.
 |
| Sean's great Uncle Kent and his beautiful wife Cherie were able to come up from Southern Utah for the endowment. | | |
 |
| Oma and Bompa have a great yard and driveway that are perfect for running around and enjoying the beautiful summer days in Manti. Gav went on many quad rides and as soon as he got off with one person he went to another and said "please drive?" He asks in such a sweet way, you really cannot say no. |
The rest of the weekend was not so amazing. My parent's used to joke that all heck broke loose when they went to the Temple and I always just laughed. I guess it is in my genes. After we got home from the Temple, we found out that Gav had fallen off a bench and busted his lip open. He had a huge gash from his nose down to his lip. It is all better, but now he has a scar on his lip that makes him and mommy twinners. Later that night, he was trying to play with the neighbors dog and got bit on the arm. He loves dogs and this was probably his downfall. Fiasco number 2 done. Everyone knows that fun things come in 3s though right? The next night I was feeding Gavin fruit loops, yes fruit loops for dinner, outside while the boys were shooting off fireworks. One of them malfunctioned and sent the firework shooting straight at us. It ended up landing in Gav's lap and he received 1st and 2nd degree burns on the palms of both his hands. They were about the size of a quarter each. It broke my heart because it took me a while to figure out that he was not just freaking out because of the drama but because he was in severe pain. The rest of the night was spent snuggling him, while he drank lots of chocolate milk and singing "I am a Child of God" about a hundred times. He finally relaxed enough to sleep and woke up with massive blisters the following morning. Mom of the year award right here. The trip was not all bad and Gav is lucky to have such a huge extended family near by that loves him so much. He loved hanging out with Oma and Bompa, Mema, his aunt Claire, uncle Russell, Aunt Paula, Kyle, Kendall and Kyra. He loves his family, as do I, am thankful for each one of them. We went to Salt Lake that night and spent the night in a hotel so that we were close to the airport for our flight to GEORGIA the following morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment