30 September 2011

Big Boy Room

A few weeks ago Gavin decided that he did not like his crib anymore, he started to crawl out of it every night and every afternoon during nap time. I could not keep him in his bed any longer. So we switched his crib into a toddler bed one Sunday after church. We let him help us "fix" his bed and talked it up a ton. When we laid him down he was fine for 2 seconds and then went ballistic. He screamed and pounded on his door for 10 minutes. The hardest 10 minutes of mommy's life. When he finally calmed down, he climbed back into bed and we have never looked back since. However, anyone that says 2 1/2 yr olds do not know what is up, is crazy I have decided. There happens to be a full size bed in Gavin's room as well as his "new" toddler bed. After a few nights of sleeping in his toddler bed or so I thought, I noticed the sheets and blankets to the big bed were all messed up. The lil stink was getting out of his bed and sneaking into the big bed in the middle of the night. He is a major squigglier and I am sure the full allowed more room for his rambunctious nights. When I realized this we just started putting him to sleep in his"new big boy bed," and he absolutely loves it. The toddler bed became more of a play thing, so yesterday I packed it up and put it away (for 2 months that is, until lil sis arrives). We talked about how he is growing and becoming and big boy and that the crib was for babies, not Gavin. I reorganized his room, he vacuumed it (the kid LOVES vacuuming), and we waited for daddy to come home from work. He was so excited to show daddy his "big boy room," let us only hope he stays this excited when baby sis comes home!

Gav's new "big boy bed." (Special thanks to Betsy and her mom for the wonderful quilt!)
Chancing keeping the toys in there, we will see how long this lasts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment